COLLAR-LINKS™ & LAPEL PINS : SAFETY
Collar-Links™ & Lapel Pins are extremely strong, and must be handled with care not only to avoid personal injury but also damage to the studs. Fingers and other body parts can be severely pinched between the attracting stud and its sphere ball. Neodymium Sphere magnets are brittle, and can peel, crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can also damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. They can also damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and other CRT displays. Never place neodymium magnets near electronic appliances for any length of time.
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HANDLE COLLAR-LINKS™, INCLUDING THE SPHERES. AS ANY SMALL PARTS, THESE POSE A CHOKING HAZARD AND SHOULD NEVER BE SWALLOWED OR INSERTED INTO ANY PART OF THE BODY.
NEVER ALLOW COLLAR-LINKS™ OR THE SPHERE MAGNETS NEAR A PERSON WITH A PACEMAKER OR SIMILAR MEDICAL AID. THE STRONG MAGNETIC FIELDS OF THE MAGNET CAN AFFECT THE OPERATION OF SUCH DEVICES.
NEODYMIUM MAGNETS WILL LOSE THEIR MAGNETIC PROPERTIES IF HEATED ABOVE 175°F (80°C). NEODYMIUM MAGNETS SHOULD NEVER BE BURNED, AS THIS WILL CREATE TOXIC FUMES. LIKE ANY TOOL OR ACCESSORY, THEY MUST ALWAYS BE TREATED WITH CARE.